Couple years latter used at home station with long wire; again no problems. the 100 watts radio should not have any problem, since they still ICOM AH-2B - ICOM AH-2B HF Mobile Whip Antennas, ICOM OPC-136 - ICOM Antenna Tuner Control Cables. Control cable has White: Start tuning Superbat UHF Male PL-259 to UHF Male PL-259 Low Loss Digital Coax UHF Jumper Cable (12 inches RG58) for HAM & CB Radio,Antenna Analyzer,Dummy Load,SWR Meter, Xiegu G90 HF Amateur Radio Transceiver 20W SSB/CW/AM/FM 0.5-30MHz SDR Structure with Built-in Auto Antenna Tuner, MFJ-941E MFJ941E MFJ Enterprises Original HF Antenna Tuner with Mini Cross Meter, 300 Watts, Kenwood Original TM-V71A 144/440 MHz Dual-Band Amateur Mobile Transceiver, 50 Watts, 1000 Memory, EchoLink Sysop-Mode Operation, True Dual Receive, Yaesu FTA-250L Handheld VHF Airband Transceiver (Comm only), AnyTone Smart 10 Meter Amateur Radio for truck, Small Size,AM PEP power over 16W, President Johnny III USA 40 Channel CB Radio 12 or 24V, Black.

We ship in-stock parts via ground shipping the same day if ordered by 10:00 pm (Eastern).
Results: The AH-4 tunes to 1:1 on all 80-10m quickly and easily. 4. %��������� Offer excludes truck freight and oversize fees.

stream Click here to view mounting examples. Whip element 40-6 meters (8.2 feet (2.5 m) tall). That is to be expected but, I had to try. Since I run ICOM radios why not the AH-4. 0 A remote automatic wide-range tuner, such as the Icom AH-4 or SGC SC-230, between the end of the antenna and lengths of coax and control cable to the shack, appears to me might resolve that problem.

Actual item may vary. The "PTT tune" function provides for simple operation when band-changing Find ICOM AH-4 Antenna Tuners AH-4 and get Free Standard Shipping on orders over $99 at DX Engineering! The AH-4 is a wide-range antenna tuner capable of matching a 50 ohm feed line to an antenna feed impedance in the range of 10 to 5,000 ohms. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. AH-4 Instruction Manual .pdf 485.86 KB Hi-Resolution Image. Four 1/4 wave (for the 40m band) radials are snaking through the back yard attached to an 8' ground rod.

Your JavaScript appears to be disabled. The Icom AH-4 automatic antenna tuner is designed to work with select ICOM transceivers including the Icom 703, 703+, 706 MkIIG, 718, 746, 746Pro, 756, 756Pro, 756ProII, 756ProIII, 7000 and 7300. such as order checkout, to operate on this web site. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. The antenna tuner for the IC-705 is "to be released", but "I want to use the wire antenna with the IC-705 soon", so I tried to verify whether the AH-4 can be used with the IC-705. Best Tech Advice and Customer Support, before and after your purchase! Most especially it allows me to get on 10, 18, and 24 easily. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The "PTT tune" function provides for simple operation when band-changing. It incorporates 22 relays that switch combinations of inductance and capacitance to achieve tuning – typically within 1 to 3 seconds. This tuner may be attached to a pole using the two supplied U Bolts, or to a flat surface (screws and bolts are supplied). There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. The tuner is grounded there as well.. Unable to add item to List. AH-4 hi-resolution image No problem setting it up. I've been running this tuner on a IC-756 Pro III and a 130' non resonate inverted L (insulated wire.) Previous page of related Sponsored Products, industrial quality, works better than specified, Reviewed in the United States on April 23, 2019, Pleasantly surprised with quality and performance at the touch of the tune control. It can also be used for matching 7 to 54 MHz when used with the optional ICOM AH-2b antenna element. from PA, Date: %PDF-1.3 It DOES cover 160M too. Most of 5 Was this review helpful? Please try your search again later. When you plug the control cable connector to the radio (in my case, an Icom 7410), the radio automatically understands that the AH-4 tuner is connected and uses the AH-4 instead of the internal automatic tuner. Icom AH-4Automatic Tuner No. Good signal reports. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Please try again. In my case I have a composite bed which makes things really difficult with grounding. A 16 foot (5 m) raw coax cable and two PL-259s are supplied to connect the transceivers antenna output to the AH-4 antenna input. Now it's in my Honda CR-V and doing very well with a 103in whip and ICOM 7100. Once a frequency is memorized, the AH-4 tunes on that frequency is less than one second. This is the second one I’ve owned. Jarboys Outdoors & Marine Supplies -AUTHORIZED. Icom AH-4 and AH-3 ( automatic antenna tuner ) connection to any ( use Some radio start to reduce the power when SWR is high, this tuner please, Put about 10 watts of power into tuner. × IC-705 TUNER… DC power supplied by control cable from transceiver. Your JavaScript appears to be disabled. from NY, Date: We're confident our prices are the lowest. from NY, Date:

Here is a redesign of connection digram of the ICOM IC-AH3 and IC-AH4 by 5B4AEZ. Works flawlessly on all bands while matched with Icom 7100 and Icom HF Antenna. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. of 5B4AEZ. Operates 7-30 MHz with ICOM model AH-2B whip, or 102 in. Not a hitch in the get-a-long. Page 4: Specifications 10 m. • AH-2b ANTENNA ELEMENT A 2.5 m long antenna element for mobile operation with AH-4. This tuner is made for a random length wire antenna, and it works.

Just read the brief manual and familiarize yourself with the ATU. The unit is mounted on a 4x4 about 18" off the ground with a 58' wire sloping into a tall pine. One of my AH-4s was completely submerged by Hurricane Harvey flood waters for 2 days.

The tuner is designed to operate with up to 120 watts of power. Privacy and Security

With eHam.net Reviews subscriptions, you can receive all messages posted I have 2 of these connected to Shakespeare marine antennas and it works flawless. 160 to 6 in 3-4 seconds and I work just about everyone I can reasonably hear. Tried the ground braid to the chassis but that did not work. It provides reliable matching of frequencies from 3.5 to 54 MHz when using a wire of at least 23 feet (7 m) in length. x�W�r�6��)��E�I@☦�$�!MF3=4=�l1�H����e�,]���)[��@q����/w� � ş�rŠ��'4��]Oa���~���.���_ If you are unsure about the purchase (as I was), don't be. If tuning is successful SWR should be less than 1.2. Icom AH-4 and AH-3 ( automatic antenna tuner ) connection to any radio Both AH-3 and AH-4 are similar . DAVID I have had rigs in the past with internal tuners and rest assured this AH-4 is 10x better. If you have comments, questions, or problems with this procedure please Learn more about TLS.yvwsdryfdfryyzerzxuyfuwqswxezt. << /Length 5 0 R /Filter /FlateDecode >>

(Inside Summit Racing Equipment Retail Store), Retail Store is available for Curbside Pickup and Ordering. The other side of the ladder line goes nowhere, but I think I will attach it to my ground strap. 0 Approximately 1 Meter above sand level, the Icom AH-4 tuner will be mounted. Please ensure that JavaScript is enabled. I wrote an earlier review with the AH-4 in the shack. JOHN

We work hard to protect your security and privacy. This antenna is 8.2 feet (2.5 m) tall. You can check your current subscriptions and remove yourself from But, it does not work with some QRP radio ( 5 watts or less ). We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. eHam.net provides recognition and enjoyment to the people who use, contribute, and build the site. I recommend that if you want good results.

8. My resonant antennas do not. completed. Purchased the AH-4 as a stealthy compromise and it works surprisingly well! Size:  7 x 2.9 x 9.2 inches 2.65 lbs. Here is a redesign of

Also it is important to disconnect and ground the antenna wire. takes at least 10 watts of power for tuner to work properly. It provides reliable matching of frequencies from 3.5 to 54 MHz when using a … Frequency coverage: 7–54 MHz with the AH-4. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. 4 0 obj (Memories are retained only when the power is on). I have tried this unit a few times as well as a couple of friends of mine and we have all struggled with RF issues. 2. Today, In-Store Pick Up Available in Ohio  Details. After removing the shield covers I washed it with deionized water and dried with a fan for 24hrs. Soon you will not be able to create a secure connection to our web site using TLS 1.0. The Icom AH-4 automatic antenna tuner is designed to work with select ICOM transceivers including the Icom 703, 703+, 706 MkIIG, 718, 746, 746Pro, 756, 756Pro, 756ProII, 756ProIII, 7000 and 7300. Use a short heavy gauge wire or strap for this. times.

Length, Each, Antenna Tuner Radio Interface Cable, For ICOM AH-4 to ICOM Transceivers, Four Conductor, 16.4 ft., Each.  Not currently stocked, Larger Photo | Mounting | Wiring | AH-2b Whip. Monday through Friday. eHam.net is a community web site for amateur (ham) radio operators around the world. Give this tuner a decent length of wire in the air and a respectable counterpoise and it will work from 6M to 80M. I saw this in one of the reviews here on eHam.net reviews. Antenna Tuner, Automatic, Remote, 120 watts, 80-6 meters, Each, Estimated Ship Date: I will need a remote tuner with th vertical as it not resonate on any ham band without a tuner. from TX, Date: I do have an extensive ground system and I believe that is very important. momentary contact switch ). Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. The transceiver and the AH-4 tuner must have a proper ground connection. So the only issue I see is the AH-4 only comes with a 15’ control wire to connect to 7300.
�]]'[��X\�T(�@HRH�QR '�8O)��sF�L&;iJh��H� �%G�� 8n�4Cp"M�A�dA=�Y_�8�DPI��H5B�/��sR� The site will stand above all other ham radio sites by employing the latest technology and professional design/programming standards, developed by a team of community programmers who contribute their skills to the effort. Copyright© 2020 by DX Engineering Note: For additional information, please look at the files under the "Documentation" tab. The tune process is unbelievably fast. FS: Icom AH-4 Auto Antenna Tuner (never used) 7. 3. I bought this based on everyone's reviews here saying it was great, and it IS! It operates on 13.8 VDC (less than 2 Amps) drawn from the transceiver control cable. However, with this arrangement the tuner will not tune 6m.